Our friends at Silicon Valley VC firm Andreessen Horowitz, co-founded by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, caught our attention in their most recent newsletter with a section called “Software Eats…Sports.”
Five links were featured:
- How the Internet has changed the definition of ‘sports’ – Kevin Morris, Wired
- Why the next sports empire will be built on eSports – Prashob Menom / REDEF, LinkedIn
- Resistance is futile: eSports is massive and growing – Ben Casselman, FiveThirtyEight
- A legendary turning point in League of Legends history – Mina Kimes, ESPN
- The rise of eSports – Ben Shaw
While the intersection of sports + technology covers a wide set of areas, it’s clear from the set of links that eSports (also sometimes referred to as gaming) is getting growing (massive) attention.
note: if you want to contribute an opinion piece or article on any aspect of the intersection of sports + technology…or if you are an entrepreneur, investor or mentor that wants to learn more about startups opportunities in the sports tech space, contact us at email@example.com.